GHostOne is a hosting tool for any Warcraft III map, based on GHost++ (command line version, without interface).
First of all, you need to be able to host, to host with GHost. If you are unable to host normally (without bot) you WON'T be able to host with GHost! So first make sure you first set up your hosting properly by taking a look on our guides/forums.
- Download GHostOne here ("with source" is for programmers only).
- Unpack/install it on any folder.
- Run GhostOne.exe on the folder you installed GHost.
- (Loopback) If you are using a router (like most of users), you may need to add a "Loopback adapter" in order to join your own games (first try without changing anything). Tutorial:Ghost Unjoinable own game for more info while doing it. Once you set up the Loopback adapter, rename the loopback connection on Start > Network Connections to simply "Loopback". That will allow GHost to detect your new IP every time it changes and update your loopback configurations automatically.
- Go into GHost Options > Main Configuration tab. The fields which should be filled are marked on the image below and are self-explicative on the program itself. Click Apply Changes once you are done.
- The user and password fields are your bot's account, not yours. You should create a different account for your bot to log in with. Your actual server account goes into "root admin" field.
- Use the folowing settings in ghost.cfg file.
Compile the latest version of bncsutil and vesioncheck should work without custom hashes. If you can't do that, here are the hashes:
bnet_custom_war3version = 28 bnet_custom_exeversion = 0 5 28 1 bnet_custom_exeversionhash = 201 63 116 96 bnet_custom_passwordhashtype = pvpgn
bnet_custom_war3version = 26 bnet_custom_exeversion = 1 0 26 1 bnet_custom_exeversionhash = 39 240 218 47 bnet_custom_passwordhashtype = pvpgn
- Hit Auto-Configure on the bottom. GHost should detect automatically your Warcraft III path and ports (those should be portforwarded). In case it doesn't correctly, those settings may be manually set on Ghost Options, Page 5 and 6.
- You are done!
Finally, go to the first program's tab, GHost, and press Run GHost. It should now connect to Eurobattle.net and watch for commands from the root admin.