Hello and welcome to our newest Ghost software guide. For download purposes visit http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php?board=22.0 topic and download full Ghost package. To know more about GhostOne, visit Tutorial:Ghost One.
What is GHost++
It's autohosting bot designed for hosting different warcraft maps. It's main feature is great delay and lag reduction - when hosted on good Internet connection it provides almost perfect gaming conditions - there is no lag and delay is imperceptible, like if every player in the game would be the host. GHost has also many additional features like country/ping check ( you don't need banlist anymore for that ! ), hosting game with observer slot, swapping players in game lobby ( no need to rejoin the game when you want to change team anymore ), kicking player from the game ( yes, you can kick feeder/flamer/noob without using any 3rd party software ! ) and many more. Don't wait, download it now and enjoy new quality of gaming !
Ghost++ is an improved version of ghost, which works on linux and allow hosting different maps, other than the standard dota map. Ghost++ is available in English and Brazilian Portuguese.
Attention : In order to host games with GHost you need to have 'normal' hosting. If you're not able to host normally you WON'T be able to host via bot!
Ghost is very small and easy to install, console application that must just run on your computer. After you download, unzip it. Enter ghost folder, find a file called [B]ghost.cfg[/B], right click on it > Open With > Wordpad. You will see alot of things written there, don't worry, its pretty easy to configure the file. Don't modify anything except the things I post here (unless you know what you're doing) Search for the following values and modify them respectively.
Compile the latest version of bncsutil and vesioncheck should work without custom hashes. If you can't do that, here are the hashes:
bnet_custom_war3version = 28 bnet_custom_exeversion = 0 5 28 1 bnet_custom_exeversionhash = 201 63 116 96 bnet_custom_passwordhashtype = pvpgn
bnet_custom_war3version = 26 bnet_custom_exeversion = 1 0 26 1 bnet_custom_exeversionhash = 39 240 218 47 bnet_custom_passwordhashtype = pvpgn
- Keep the CD keys as they are (FFFFFF..) dont put ur CD keys unless you are hosting on blizzard servers.[/B]
- bnet_war3path and bot_mappath should end with '\' (C:\Warcraft III is wrong while C:\Warcraft III\ is correct)[/B]
- All values starting with admingame must be kept as they are, as they are not ment for PVPGN Servers
Now run ghost.exe, you should get something like this http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=laaalte5.jpg http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7858/laaalte5.th.jpg http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php http://img528.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
Playing using Ghost++
enter to the channel where your ghost is.
You can make your ghost come to you by whisper it
<botname> !say /join W3-Bots
- load the map you want to play (You can also whisper your bot the command.)
Example: !map dota6.59d
- start a public game
Example: !pub AP/EU/PROS ONLY
- Join the game you just created and swap your self to the blue position using !swap command.
- Read the readme.txt file or the following list of commands to use the other brilliant features of ghost++ such as autohosting, getting statistics about your games, banning, announcing, and many other features!
Runing Ghost++ on Linux
- Open the Terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal)
- Get Libraries for Ghost
- sudo apt-get install libgmp3-dev build-essential zlibc
- sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev
- unzip ghost
- open it in the terminal
- $ cd ghost/bncsutil/src/bncsutil && make
- $ cd ../../../StormLib && make
- $ cd ../ghost && make
- move the libraries to /usr/lib
- use ./ghost++